July 14, 2013

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

Until earlier this year, Laura Mercier was a brand that I had never ventured into. That was until one of their foundations caused a huge stir in the beauty community, you might have heard of it - the  Silk Creme Foundation. Ring a bell? A foundation raved about for being full coverage, yet having a completely natural looking finish. I know what you're thinking, I thought it was too good to be true as well. 

But the truth is in the pudding. After having tried and tested this foundation for a good few months now, I am finally ready to report back and I can say that everything you have heard is true. It does have amazing coverage and it does have a lovely natural finish to it, but only if you use it right. First of all, you need a buffing brush (the Real Techniques Buffing Brush/Expert Face Brush will do the job), this is pretty essential as it helps to eliminate a cakey finish. Which leads nicely onto my second tip - do not go OTT with this foundation. Being so highly pigmented means that a little goes a long, therefore too much will just sit on the skin (I learnt this the hard way). Start with a pea sized amount, if you need more then add more. Remember... it is easier to add, than to take away. Third and final tip? Only use powder if you really, really need to. I know it can be easy to get carried away when applying powder because the brush just feels so soft against your skin, but try to resist. In the colder months, I don't use any. In the warmer months? Just a little down the center of face to keep that pesky T-zone oil free.

So to round this up, all you need to know is... this is a beautiful foundation - my favourite by far. It truly does offer a natural looking finish whilst still covering blemishes, dark circles and redness which is perfect for a full coverage kinda girl, like me. The only down side? They do not offer a very wide shade range. I would suggest getting a couple different shade samples to test at home so you can decide before you buy, because at £33 a tube it's not exactly the cheapest of the bunch...

20 comments:

  1. If only they had it in my shade!
    Seems lovely.
    x

    www.cocoamourr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame that they don't it is a lovely product! xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely adore this foundation, is always my go to when i am having not so good skin days and also when i want to glam up my makeup for an evening look

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks lovely for an evening look! I adore it as well! xx

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to try Laura mercier stuff! Great review! thanks for sending me your link lovely :) xx

    http://abitottenhamsmith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I want to try more from them! Thank you for commenting! xx

      Delete
  4. I think I may just have to buy this ! I tend to use powder but it comes off so easily but I think I may just plunge in and try this !!!

    Thank you :)

    Lemonaidlies.blogspot.co.uk

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend purchasing this! xx

      Delete
  5. I got this for Christmas and I have to say I love it! It's been neglected lately due to the warm weather and me favouring less coverage but no double it'll reappear soon! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! :)

    - Kim
    www.kimstylecrush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I'm going to buy this Foundation come pay day along with their radiance primer! i saw a few comments a good few months ago about this foundation and it being hard to use but i couldnt remember why! so thanks for the heads up on how to use it! :) x

    your blog is lovely byy the way! you've just got yourself a new reader!

    Victoria | Victoria's Vanity Case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want the radiance primer as well! I have heard so many good things about it :)

      Thank you! xx

      Delete
  8. I have come over from Nuala's blog! Your blog is lovely, I bloody adore the Laura Mercier Silk Creme, its one of my HG foundations!

    Great post, I'm definitely following your blog now- can't wait to see your next post :)

    Love
    Nicole xx

    Thelifeofabeautyaddict.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! It is definitely becoming one of mine as wel :) xx

      Delete
  9. This looks like a really good foundation! I love the fact that you don't need to use alot of it and it will last me a long time! (Well at least i hope so at that price!)The foundation i have been using at the moment is a high street brand but i go through it so quickly its a pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does last quite a while - which is fab! xx

      Delete