August 14, 2013

A Little MAC Haul

A Little MAC Haul
Ta dah! As promised, this is the second part to this haul... the MAC part. When I first discovered the world of beauty blogging I went through, what I like to call, the 'MAC Attack': 'where you dream of owning everything from MAC, including all shades of eyeshadow, lipstick, all of the brushes and the limited edition collections'  - A Day in Beauty Dictionary. Thankfully I have now come to my senses and realised that this is not only unrealistic but also unnecessary, so I am now steadily building my collection of products I really want or need in my stash.

My brush collection is something that I have been working on for over a year now as some brush prices are a little steep. So I have a list of the ones that will help to complete my collection, so every now and then I can add to it. One that I have been after since discovering beauty videos on YouTube is the 168, an angled brush which has become the perfect partner for my powder blushes. Another one I have been meaning to pick up is the 139, an eye shadow brush that I use for packing on the colour all over the lid. Since purchasing these, they have been used every single day! Something else I have been working on building is my eye shadow collection - specifically my MAC palette. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to knowing what eye shadows work well together so I heavily rely on other beauty bloggers to show my what I need. From left to right I picked up; Mystery, Satin Taupe, Naked Lunch and Nylon. These were ones that constantly popped up all over the place so I thought it was about time that they were at home with me. These work great together a smokey eye that is not too dramatic and it has been something I have been applying when ever I get the chance!

It is always nice to see your collection growing with items you truly adore, but I still have a few gaps that need plugging so I would love to know your MAC brush and eye shadow recommendations...

39 comments:

  1. These shadows are beautiful! Definitely some for my wishlist, can you believe I don't own a single MAC eyeshadow!? xx
    LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, that's crazy ;) you need to try some out! xx

      Delete
  2. Those eyeshadows look lovely, I have the Satin Taupe and the others are on my to get list too as well as the 168 brush - lush!

    Paula at Beauty Lover

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 139 is next on my list after buying the 217 last month.

    I have Naked lunch too - it's a great colour. I need to add a few more to my collection next month although I'm going dangerously close to a MAC store tomorrow so there is a great chance I will be adding to my collection then!

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the 217 as well - it is great! Haha - not always a bad thing ;) xx

      Delete
  4. Your blog is lovely!!! The shades shown are gorgeous Xx

    Also I've nominated you for The Liebster Award :D If you haven't already been nominated and would like to answer my questions, click here for the link

    H @ Higher&Haya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! They are great shades :) xx

      Delete
  5. Those colors look amazing together!! Nylon is my favorite eye shadow to use for highlighting! It's amazing!! I've really been wanting to get woodwinked! Tanya Burr always goes on about it and it looks like an amazing shade!!
    xx

    http://the-astyle.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I use Nylon for as well! I have woodwinked... it is a great shade but looks a little off on pale white skin (aka me in winter). But other than that it looks beautiful! xx

      Delete
  6. Mystery and Satin taupe are 2 of my fave MAC eyeshadows :) Great haul!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster award

    http://peace-loveandmake-up.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-libster-award.html

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. the eyeshadows are GORGEOUS <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Satin taupe and naked lunch looks gorgeous! I don't own many MAC eye shadows. The ones I own are mostly urban decay palettes ...

    http://fatzee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so lovely! Urban Decay palettes are fab - I love them :) xx

      Delete
  9. I love everything you picked up! I already own Naked Lunch and have been keen to make a quad palette, I think you've picked perfect complementary shades. I also really want the 168.

    Love Em xx
    What Em Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all work so well together :) I the 168 is amazing, I would definitely recommend it! xx

      Delete
  10. I love your blog! These are beautiful colors, and MAC brushes are amazing.

    New follower,
    xx
    Une Jolie Vie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Satin Taupe and Naked Lunch are on my wishlist! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. aaahhh so ridiculously jealous, mac eyeshadows are just gorgeous and i bet those brushes are amazing xxx

    www.fashionfumblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks I think I will have to add some of them to my collection they look lovely together.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those eyeshadows are so gorgeous! I have satin taupe and it's really lovely. Might have to pop to MAC.. hehe :)

    isabella <3

    http://pinkiepromisebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so lovely! especially when you use them together! xx

      Delete
  15. The colours of the eyeshadows are absolutely stunning, they're so perfect for autumn the taupe/mauve type colours x

    Kathryn
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think they will be great for autumn xx

      Delete
  16. All of these eyeshadows are so amazing! Great shades! I'm so jealous now xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Satin Taupe is my fave MAC eyeshadow :D I love the other shades you picked up though.

    Great blog by - now following (yay).

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was meant to say by the way. Don't know what I did there. Oops xx

      Delete
    2. haha! thank you :) I love Satin Taupe! xx

      Delete
  18. omg, the brushes look so clean, I wouldn't want to spoil them!:p
    I love the way the eyeshadows are neutral!
    Great blog+posts :)

    Alice
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful blog you have here!
    I just discovered it while trying to decide on what mac eyeshadows I should purchase! If you could only choose 4 what would they be? (I'm trying to limit myself and only fill up a quad at the moment! I've so far chosen Woodwinked and All that glitters). Would love to hear your thoughts!

    Lauren

    laurenloveslaughter.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you! To go along side the two you have picked (which were also my first two!) I would say mulch and naked lunch! But to fill a quad it would have to be nylon, naked lunch, satin taupe and mystery as I use these for day and night and there is a highlighter in there. Also depending on your hair colour you could use mystery for your brows! xx

      Delete