August 12, 2013

The Unused Products

The Unused Products
A few weeks back I was having a little reorganising of my makeup collection and came across a handful of unused products. It is not very often that a new product goes unloved in my stash, because I usually use it non-stop from the moment of purchasing it until something new comes along. So I thought I would show you some of these products in a 'shopping the stash' style post.

MAC's Pink Buttercream Pearlmatte Face Powder (aka highlighter) was an impulsive buy after seeing it in my local store. I think the main reason for my not using this product is the fact that the detailing in the pan is just far to beautiful to be messed up - I'm a sucker for anything pretty! One thing you should know about me is that I have a thing for MAC lipsticks, hence why I have two unused ones. On a day to day basis I go for a pink/nude shade like Hue or Creme Cup, so my bolder colours like Daddy's Little Girl (Archie's Girls collection) or the infamous Riri Woo lipstick usually take a back seat. Another MAC product (it's the last one - promise!) is the Day Gleam pressed pigment. A product I had seen on someone else I thought 'I must have it', so I got it. In all honestly it didn't live up to my expectations but I am determined to find a way to make it work. When Revlon released some new Lip Butter shades for summer I went into beauty blogger mode and picked some up asap. Juicy Papaya looked great swatched on the back of my hand, but it was a little to sheer for me when applied to my lips - especially as my lips are quite pigmented. My last unloved product, and the priciest of them all - the Dior Nude Bronzer. Again, a product too pretty to use but the main reason for this just sitting in my dressing table drawer was my love for NARS Laguna.

So in true Shopping the Stash style, over the next few weeks I am going to be switching up my every day makeup (which you can see here) to incorporate some of these unused beauty products. I may even come back to you with a follow up post so you can see how I got on with them. First call of duty? Switching NARS for Dior...

10 comments:

  1. I think every beauty blogger has a stash of dark coloured lipsticks that if your a nude/pink girl gets abandoned easily but its so easy to want them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I still have some more on my list lol xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh that Riri Woo lipstick looks beautiful, and the Dior bronzer! I hate messing up products that look so pretty <3 xx
    LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The face powder is so cute, I can see why you don't use it, I'd be exactly the same! :)
    Carrie:Brighton xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! I really like your blog so I just nominated you for the liebster award, go check out my most recent blog post for more details :) http://spencrescurls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just nominated u too as well for the liebster award! love love love ur pictures :)

    xx Annie

    annieleaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete